Quick and Easy Bean Bag Chair
Do you have a last minute summer project? How about an comfy bean bag chair for your little one? Pick something fun and a little flighty with this print ‘ Sitting Pretty’ Item #0951002***R
Bean Bag Chair Instructions
What you need:
1. Two 115cm x 80cm (45″ x 32″) pieces of plain white broadcloth for the bean bag liner and two 115cm x 80cm (45″ x 32″) pieces of more durable upholstery type fabric for the outer shell. We’re using Fabricland’s “Sitting Pretty” fabric (Item#0951002***R) from our Spring/Summer 2015 Indoor Collection and paired it with a Sky Blue Porter Solid (Item#0943202***R) to give the bean bag a two-toned look.
2. A 56cm (22″) zipper
3. 100 litres of bean bag filling.
Seam allowance = 1.5cm (5/8″)
What you do:
1. Cut two pieces of 115cm x 80cm (45″ x 32″) white broadcloth or muslin for the lining
2. Sew the broadcloth together, leaving an opening big enough to fill the liner with the bean bag filler. Turn the liner inside out and fill. Once filled, pin the opening closed and machine stitch or sew by hand.
3. Cut one each of the outer fabrics 115cm x 80cm (45″ x 32″). (Total two pieces)
4. Layer RIGHT side together and pin.
5. On the long edges use a reinforced stitch such as a zigzag to prevent fraying, then straight stitch the same edges once more. Use a small stitch length to help strengthen these edges.
6. Fold the fabric in half as shown:
7. Starting from the folded edge at the bottom as shown in the photo, round one edge removing approximately 15cm (6″) of fabric at the sewn end.
8. Zigzag the curved edge and once again reinforce with a straight stitch.
9. Open the unsewn edge and keeping right sides together as in image A, match the seams as shown in image B, to place zipper properly.
10. Sew the zipper into this edge.
11. Turn RIGHT side out, stuff with liner and you’re done!