Blushing pinks and misty colours in pretty florals and whimsical birds are a soothing option for home decor with the Sweet Escape collection. Pair with white for a bright, fresh look that’ll live long past Springtime. With all shades of blush trending through 2019, it’s the perfect time to add this hue to your life and home.
Prints pair perfectly with new colours of Luxe Velvet and Aria decor textures.
Our newest quilting cotton blender design is a subtle tone-on-tone print called Shadowplay. Although blenders are traditionally used for quilts, this new group will work in any project that needs a coordinate print as an alternative to a solid shade. And, with 24 colours to choose from, you’ll be sure to find the right match!
Digital printing is the latest innovation being used to create complex and photo realistic images on fabric. Using this exciting new printing method, the first group of florals, fruits, tropical looks and more is in stores now. Smell the roses … taste the lemons … enjoy the wonder of life-like images. Printed on quilting weight cotton, this new group will be sure to add an extra dimension for your next special project.
Jazz up your pup’s accessories with this adorable, functional and fun project. With so many trims to choose from you can create styles for every doggy personality … confident and classic, outgoing and sparkly or just laid back and casual; there’s a trim or embellishment for every look!
Organic cotton prints and solids are new additions to your craft and sewing fabric choices in stores now!!
The cotton is grown to have a low impact on the environment without the use of toxic pesticides and uses low-impact inks and dyes. It is strictly monitored from seed to finished product and must pass regular inspections to earn the coveted GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certificate.
With cute prints for baby and more and a coordinating group of solids, these GOTS certified cottons will be just what you need for your next special project.
No-sew fabric baskets are fun to make, are great for organizing all the little things around your home … and would be a pretty Easter basket too!
Choose fabrics to match your home, the holiday or to create a splash of pretty colour.
What you’ll need:
1.8 m non stretch cotton cut or ripped into 15cm (6″) strips for your center fabric
1.2m craft cottons of your choosing cut or ripped into 4cm (1.5″) strips for your coiling fabric
1. Bunch your center fabric together tightly at an end. Place an end of your first strip of coiling fabric right side out and at a right angle to your center fabric approximately 10cms (4″) from the bunched end and wrap around center fabric. Tightly wrap the coiling fabric around it’s own loose end and continue to wrap on an angle down your center fabric. Now you’re coiling!
2. Once you have approximately 15cms (6″) done, turn this coiled end toward itself and begin to coil around loose end of center fabric. After coiling 8cms (3″) coil one single time in the opposite direction you are wrapping through the hole you’ve created then continue to coil center fabric as you were doing previously. This is your first basket weave.
3. Continue to coil and weave through centre oval once every 8cms (3″) until it becomes a flat spiral shape. At this point you will be approaching the end of your first strip of coil fabric. To add another, simply lay the last bit of previous coiling fabric flat against center fabric and lay new coiling fabric flat in same position as previous. Coil around both pulling tightly to be sure they don’t come loose. Apply a similar technique when adding another center fabric strip: overlap the ends and coil extra tight.
4. Continue to follow this pattern of coiling and weaving until you’ve reached the desired circumference for the bottom of your basket. At any point you can now begin to hold your center fabric at a 45 degree angle as you weave to begin to build your sides. Continue on this angle until you’ve reached another point you’d like to change the shape again.
5. Coil and weave away! Continue on using strips and colour combinations in any pattern or order you like. Don’t worry about frayed ends, they add to the boho chic style of your finished product!
6. To finish your basket, cut end of last coiling fabric strip into two pieces and tie a double knot around last row of coil ensuring your center fabric in fully covered by the last wrap you’ve done. Now it’s ready to use!
After a cold, grey Winter there’s nothing better than colour splashed into your wardrobe. Warmth and sunshine, beach weather, day trips and being outdoors. Enjoy the new seasons and enjoy all the colour!