Baked potatoes in the microwave just got more fun! Check out this great DIY using your favourite cotton fabric & Pellon® Wrap-N-Zap™ Cotton Batting. We made our bag using ‘Prima Cotton’ Chocolate for the lining & the Potato print from the ‘Vegetable Garden’ collection, which seemed truly fitting!(more…)
Did you partake in any of the original prints from the delicious Fruit Stand or Vegetable Garden craft cotton collections? New for Spring 2022, we’ve got a few more prints available to harvest for all your juicy, delightful projects!(more…)
With so many options available now for non-plastic produce bags how do you choose? You don’t! You make your own!
This super simple DIY is not only fun, but also makes great enviro-gifts! Which fabric will you choose? Before deciding, check out the full collections of Vegetable Garden & Fruit Stand here.
What you need:
.35m fabric (cotton, netting or mesh)
SM approx 6 x 9” (15 x 23cm)
MED approx 9 x 12” (12 x 30cm)
LG approx 12 x 15” (30 x 38cm)
What you do:
1. Add 1” (2.5cm) to the width and 2” (5cm) to the height of bag dimensions. For the large size bag cut 2 pieces 13” (33cm) x 17” (43cm).
2. Fold the top edge of each piece down 1/2” (1.25cm) and press.
3. Pin the 2 pieces right sides together. Mark 1.5” (3.75cm) from the top edges and stitch around sides and bottom between markings. Zigzag stitch or serge sewn edges to prevent fraying.
4. Clip seam at markings and press open. Fold top down 1” (2.5cm) and topstitch along the bottom folded edge to create the cord casing.
5. Using a safety pin, thread the cord through the casings and knot both ends together to secure.
Add a cord stopper to keep your bag tightly closed and cord end caps for a more polished look.
From apples and avocados to peppers and pineapples; the new Vegetable Garden and Fruit Stand digital print collections are fresh fabrics now ready for harvesting!
Item# 0649124***D | 100% cotton | width 112cm
Item# 0649125***D | 100% cotton | width 112cm