Take a magical Walk In The Woods with this beautiful collection of craft cotton fabric. Whether it’s a quilting project, a fun outfit or another crafting adventure, these delightful prints will add the charm and whimsy you didn’t know you needed.
From apples and avocados to peppers and pineapples; the new Vegetable Garden and Fruit Stand digital print collections are fresh fabrics now ready for harvesting!
Item# 0649124***D | 100% cotton | width 112cm
Item# 0649125***D | 100% cotton | width 112cm
Be inspired by beautiful fall flowers, fruits and vegetables and the changing colours of the season AND use your quilting skills to make this quilted Thanksgiving tablerunner. The autumn theme will not only enhance your table decor, but will also add a welcoming look for the entire season.
What you need:
- Fabric A – 40cm
- Fabric B – 20cm
- Fabric C – 50cm (includes binding)
- Fabric D – 30cm
- Backing – 1.8m (or 1m if pieced)
Cut pieces as follows:
Fabric A cut 4 (4 1/2 x 4 1/2” ) squares
Fabric B cut 4 (3 x 4 1/2”) and 4 (3 x 7”) strips
Fabric C cut 4 (3 x 7”) and 4 (3 x 9 1/2”) strips
Fabric D cut 4 (3 x 9 1/2”) and 4 (3 x 12”) strips
Measure finished block size and add 5/8”. Cut 3 squares Fabric A to that measurement and cut each square in half diagonally point to point. Place as photo and sew allowing the points to extend beyond the block.
Arrange pieces as shown and sew pieces together.
Using basting spray, layer top, batting and backing. Quilt as desired, trim excess and bind edges.
The fabrics used are from the Autumn Harvest quilting cotton collection. To see the complete group of prints and colours check out this previous blog post.
And if you didn’t have time to make this quilted Thanksgiving tablerunner for fall, it’s a great pattern to use with holiday fabrics for Christmas too!
Fall is here so that means Halloween is just around the corner. Get a head start on the fun with easy Halloween crafts using Craft Fun Solids.
With some fun shapes and your imagination, the possibilities are endless. Grab your scissors or rotary cutter for these 3 simple projects to start.
With just a small strip of white craft fun solids, some black twill tape and a little bit of Fabri-Tac glue you can make this super cute ghost banner. Cut out the shapes from the pattern, draw a scary face with a permanent marker and glue to the twill tape. Easy and fun!
Make this easy trick-or-treat bag with 2 rectangles and some appliques. Craft Fun Solids don’t fray so there’s no need to finish any raw edges!
- Cut one rectangle 17×40″ for the bag and another 4×36″ for the handle.
- Cut out a circle using a large plate as a pattern and some bat motifs from the pattern below. Place in the center of one half of the bag rectangle as shown. Attach either by machine stitching, Fabri-Tac glue or even a spray adhesive.
- Fold the bag rectangle in half right sides together and stitch 2 side edges. Turn right side out.
- Fold the top edge down 1″ and topstitch in place.
- Fold the handle rectangle in 3 and topstitch along the 2 folded edges.
- Pin and sew the handle to the inside of each side seam.
All little boys and girls love to be superheros …and capes are essential for fighting the bad guys! Craft Fun Solids are so easy to use to make and customize all kinds of things.
- Cut a rectangle 15×28″. Fold in half lengthwise and mark 7″ along the top edge. Draw a line from the 7″ mark to the outer point of the bottom edge and cut along the line.
- Keeping the rectangle folded, mark 2″ from the bottom of the outer edges then draw and cut a curve from the bottom centerfold to the 2″ mark.
- Cut out the lightening and star patterns and attach to the center back either by machine sewing, using Fabri-Tac glue or adhesive spray.
- Cut a strip 1×40″ for the tie. Pin the right side top center of the cape to the center of the tie along one edge. Stitch the cape to the tie piece using a 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Fold the tie strip in half and pin. Edge stitch around entire tie.
Item #0004300 Craft Fun Solids | 100% polypropelene | 145cm
Sew some sweetness using delicate prints in pretty colours. Subtle bird motifs mix with intricate paisleys and a filigree design in this new group.
0649115 Flight of Fancy | 100% cotton | 112cm
Canada turns 150 years old!
Display your Canadian pride with these maple leaf prints in cotton and flannelette.
Photo credit: Jiuguang Wang
Fall crafting is exciting with a cotton floral group in colours of rich reds, denim blues and khaki greens and coordination is easy with large and small florals, leaves and matching tonals. Look for Item #0649104000D Floressence in stores now.
quilting weight 100% cotton 112cm