Oh Canada, do we have a great bunch of craft cotton prints available to suit all your Canadian themed project needs. From maple leaves to plaid to iconic wildlife; the Canadiana collection is exactly what you didn’t know you needed!(more…)
We love Canada and we’re pretty sure you do too. Whether you’re showing your pride on a mask, a shirt or in some other crafty way, the ‘I Love Canada’ group of craft cottons is the perfect pick!(more…)
From the Pacific to the Atlantic and North to the Arctic Ocean; Canada has so much to see. Celebrate the beauty and diversity of the provinces and territories with the Canada Postcard panel prints.
These panel prints are fun to make into a Canadian themed quilt in just the right size to cozy up at the cabin or use as an afternoon picnic blanket.
What you need:
1x each Canada Postcard panel
.8m of 112cm solid cotton for sashing
2.5m of 112cm cotton blender for border
2.5m of 112cm cotton blender for backing
Quilt batting of your choice
What you do:
1. Cut the squares apart leaving the 1/2” border around each. (total 15 squares needed)
TIP: use the border of each square as the guide for cutting.
2. Cut 20 sashing strips 2.5 x 11.5” and 6 strips 2.5 x 46.25”.
3. Arrange the blocks in the order that you’d like.
Then, working left to right, sew on the vertical 11.5” sashing strips = sashing + square1 + sashing + square2 + sashing + square 3 + sashing.
Continue with other 4 rows.
TIP: If you turn the square to the wrong side you can use the border as your seam allowance.
4. Sew the horizontal 46.25” sashing pieces to the top and bottom of the 1st row, in between all rows and along the bottom.
5. Cut 2 vertical border pieces 6 x 60” and attach along side edges.
6. Next cut 2 horizontal border pieces 6 x 46” and attach along the top and bottom edges to complete your quilt top.
7. Measure backing as fabric width x 72” length and layer backing (face down), quilt batting and quilt top (face up). Pin securely and trim. Baste close to edge.
8. To finish, quilt as desired and bind edges.
With the leftover square, why not craft an easy-sew bag to store and carry your Canada Postcard quilt for your next adventure?
If you’re wanting a more rustic look there’s a second colour choice in both panel designs with grass greens, deeper blues and burgundy colours.
We love Canada and we know you do too! Canada Day is coming fast so show your Canadian pride with craft fabrics, fleeces and more …
Item #0647093 Oh Canada | 100% cotton | 112cm
Item #0710200 Holiday Prints | 65% polyester 35% cotton | 112cm
Pick your favourite for this fun project …
A quick addition for your home on Canada Day are Canadiana themed cushion covers with our iconic moose, bear and maple leaf.
A favourite fabric to sew is cozy fleece and here again, we’ve got Canada covered. With the Canadian flag colours, buffalo checks and plaids; there’s a fleece for everyone.
And if you’re a Leafs hockey fan, we’ve got the perfect print for you.
Item #0264360 Mountain Fleece Prints | 100% polyester | 150cm
A great project for your fleece choice is this Waterproof Picnic Blanket backed with ripstop. This DIY comes with instructions for a carrying strap so you can fold up your blanket and be ready for your next outdoor adventure.
What do a Mountie, a moose, a goose and a maple leaf have in common with a hockey stick? All are cherished across the nation as Canadian icons!
So hot right now in a new craft group of cotton and flannelette prints!
Cotton Item # 0647075000D 100% cotton 112cm
Flannelette Item # 0374308000D 100% cotton 110cm
Celebrate Canada’s birthday with a brand new selection of cotton prints for crafts and decor. #StrongProudFree
In stores now… Item #0644304000D Holiday Celebrations 100% cotton 112cm
A picnic is a perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon in the great outdoors. Keep dry and warm with this Waterproof Picnic Blanket.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1.8m Ripstop Fabric
1.8m Fleece Print
7m 5/8” Bias Binding
2.5m 1” webbing / belting
4 1” D rings
Maple Leaf Plaid Fleece in Stores now. Item# 3265015555
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Cut the selvedge from the ripstop and then cut into one 180cm x 145cm (72” x 58”) piece
2. Take the ripstop fabric and lay it on top of the fleece print, wrong sides together making sure both fabrics lie flat.
3. Pin the ripstop and the fleece print together around the edges.
4. Baste around the blanket approximately 1cm (1/2”) away from the edge.
5. Starting in the middle of one side of the blanket, take the bias binding, open it up and with the right side of the binding to the right side of the blanket line it up .5cm (1/4”) away from the edge of the fabric. Working on one blanket side at a time, pin in place and stitch along the first fold line. Fold the bias binding over to the fleece side, lay flat, pin and stitch along bias binding edge. Repeat this step on the other 3 sides. Once your binding meets the other side of the binding fold back .5cm (1/4”) to hide raw edge and finish stitching.
6. To make the harness for carrying the blanket, cut 2 pieces of the webbing 90cm (36”) long. Insert 1 piece of webbing into 2 D rings, fold back 1cm (1/2”) and then 3cm (1”), making sure D rings are at end, and stitch on edge of folded webbing. Repeat this on other strap. On the other end of the webbing either seal with fray block or stitch across the webbing a couple of times to prevent the webbing from fraying. Cut 1 piece of webbing approximately 45cm (18”) long (this piece will make your carry strap. Take your two long pieces of webbing with the D rings and lay them on a table approximately 20cm (8” approx). Approximately 20cm (8”) from the end of the D rings, place the carry strap across the webbing making sure the ends meet the webbing (do not go past). Stitch carry strap in place hiding the raw edge between the two layers of webbing.
Fold up your blanket and attach harness. You’re now ready to keep your blanket handy for use anytime, anywhere.
Celebrate July 1st with family and friends using festive fabrics with a Canadian theme.
Red Leaf 2
0262 460 000D
100% Polyester Fleece
Embossed Maple Leaf
0264 800 325D
100% Polyester Fleece
0647 062 000D
Wood Grain Animals
0647 062 000D
Out On A Limb
0647 062 000D
0647 062 000D
Heritage Quilting Solids
0352 000 327D
0649 055 327R
0649 056 300R
Celebrate Canada’s birthday on July 1st with an all-out Canadian theme. Maple leaf cotton prints, large and small, make perfect tablecloths and matching napkins.
Easy to make … just hem or serge the edges and you’re ready.
And just in case you forgot, here’s the lyrics to our national anthem. Crank it up and sing along!