Hot off the runways! Be in fashion but still keep warm with these easy-to-make scarves. A great idea for you and a great gift idea for the holidays too.
Download the printable instructions here.
A picnic is a perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon in the great outdoors. Keep dry and warm with this Waterproof Picnic Blanket.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1.8m Ripstop Fabric
1.8m Fleece Print
7m 5/8” Bias Binding
2.5m 1” webbing / belting
4 1” D rings
Maple Leaf Plaid Fleece in Stores now. Item# 3265015555
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Cut the selvedge from the ripstop and then cut into one 180cm x 145cm (72” x 58”) piece
2. Take the ripstop fabric and lay it on top of the fleece print, wrong sides together making sure both fabrics lie flat.
3. Pin the ripstop and the fleece print together around the edges.
4. Baste around the blanket approximately 1cm (1/2”) away from the edge.
5. Starting in the middle of one side of the blanket, take the bias binding, open it up and with the right side of the binding to the right side of the blanket line it up .5cm (1/4”) away from the edge of the fabric. Working on one blanket side at a time, pin in place and stitch along the first fold line. Fold the bias binding over to the fleece side, lay flat, pin and stitch along bias binding edge. Repeat this step on the other 3 sides. Once your binding meets the other side of the binding fold back .5cm (1/4”) to hide raw edge and finish stitching.
6. To make the harness for carrying the blanket, cut 2 pieces of the webbing 90cm (36”) long. Insert 1 piece of webbing into 2 D rings, fold back 1cm (1/2”) and then 3cm (1”), making sure D rings are at end, and stitch on edge of folded webbing. Repeat this on other strap. On the other end of the webbing either seal with fray block or stitch across the webbing a couple of times to prevent the webbing from fraying. Cut 1 piece of webbing approximately 45cm (18”) long (this piece will make your carry strap. Take your two long pieces of webbing with the D rings and lay them on a table approximately 20cm (8” approx). Approximately 20cm (8”) from the end of the D rings, place the carry strap across the webbing making sure the ends meet the webbing (do not go past). Stitch carry strap in place hiding the raw edge between the two layers of webbing.
Fold up your blanket and attach harness. You’re now ready to keep your blanket handy for use anytime, anywhere.
Keep your mane under control while looking cool this summer with these colourful headbands.
Hand Dyed Batik fabrics were used for this project.
What you need:
1m cotton fabric
15cm (6″) of 2cm (3/4″) elastic
What you do:
Example measurements: Head = 56cm (22″) Ear to Ear = 33cm (13″)
Keep your furry friends warm and comfortable with this easy no-sew project. A great place to have treats and take naps…
What you need:
· quilt batting
· grid ruler
· rotary cutter
What you do:
You’ll need to determine the best size for your dog bed (see chart below).
1. Cut 2 rectangles of fleece adding 6″ (15cm) all the way around.
2. With both pieces together, cut 1″ (2.5cm) strips, 3″ (7.5cm) long around all edges.
3. Cut quilt batting to the size of the center (minus the 6″ (15cm) added). Center on top of the wrong side of one layer of fleece.
4. Add the 2nd layer of fleece on top of the batting and double knot 1 strip from the top to the corresponding strip on the bottom along all edges.
Hand tack at regular intervals to secure all layers together.
Did you know that ready made cushion covers can become bags? If not, check out our previous post HERE.
It doesn’t stop with just bags…there are so many projects that can be made using ready made cushion covers. How about a handy travel knitting needle holder?
Download printable PDF instructions here.
Need more inspiration?
Just want to change your decor? If so, new cushion covers are in stores now!
Outdoor fabrics are not only used to cover patio furniture and make cushion covers but can also be used to create your own shady spot. Placed over a pool, garden space or patio area, outdoor shade sails block ultraviolet light and quickly change a too hot space into a cool area!
Make your own with these easy instructions:
Wide selection of new outdoor fabrics in stores now!
What about cushions? For indoor or outdoor, there can never be enough cushions! Extra seating for anywhere and everywhere.
Make your own easily following these Puff Floor Cushion step-by-step instructions: