Flannelette fabric is perfect for cool winter months and warm, fuzzy comfort year round. Always a favourite for pajamas, but it’s great for crafts too!
There are prints for everyone and every season … new prints include monsters, dinosaurs, pretty flowers and cute characters. There’s so much more in stores now!
An easy project and a perfect gift for new babies and kids alike is a simple blanket made using back-to-back flannelette with rick rack edging for a sweet finish.
Easy Baby Blanket
What You Need:
1.2m each of two fabrics
4.8m of 1/2″ or larger rick rack
- Cut two pieces of fabric 110cm (43″) x 110cm (43″). Round corners, if desired.
- Sew rick rack to the right side of one the fabric pieces along the edge, stitching down the middle of the trim.
- Place fabric pieces right sides together and sew, using previous rick rack stitching line as a guide and leaving a small opening for turning.
- Turn right sides out and press.
- Topstitch close to the edge, being sure to close the opening used to turn right sides out.
With so many flannelette prints available, there’s no end to the fun you could have.