Cheer on the team with this fun & fabulous Foam Finger DIY!
Handmade gifts are full of love and the joyful feeling of giving is equal to that of receiving.
How about slippers? Making your own has never been easier with Suede Slipper Soles which are available in various sizes for both adults (women) and babies.
Women’s Small | size 6-7.5
Women’s Medium | size 8-8.5
Women’s Large | size 9-10
Baby | size 4-5 infant (12-18 months)
Each size comes in both Black & Natural.
Red is an energizing, intense, dynamic colour. It captures attention and is the colour of love. Is red your favourite colour?
Fleece, Flannelette and Brushed Fabrics
Sewing a fuzzy jacket, cozy blanket or some comfy PJ pants? … make it red and make it bold. A red buffalo check is a must-have look for any project.
0374304 True North Flannelette | 100% cotton | 110cm
0264000 Fleece | 100% polyester | 100% polyester | 150cm
0242300 Dimple Chenille | 100% polyester | 150cm
0760000 Plaids | 65% polyester 35% cotton | 150cm
Fashion Prints and Solids
Show your confidence, be courageous and make a powerful statement with a new outfit in this great all season colour.
3381359 Cotton Lycra Knits | 90% cotton 10% spandex | 160cm
3478459 Poly Peach Prints | 100% polyester | 147cm
3472889 Crepe Solids | 95% polyester 5% spandex | 162cm
There are so many options for your next quilting or crafty sewing project. Red can make a statement or be a fun accent colour.
0649121 Just Basics | 100% cotton | 112cm
650038 Sparkle Blender | 100% cotton | 112cm
0649125 Fruit Stand | 100% cotton | 112cm
0649127 Cara Mia | 100% cotton | 112cm
Accent an outfit with trim, beads, tassels and more or colour it your way with fabric dye. Stock up on zippers, thread and buttons to add a pop of colour to your next project.
Home Decor – Indoor
Whether in the living room, bedroom or kitchen; stimulate your decor with a pop of red!
0906200 Luxe Velvet | 100% polyester | 145cm
0111522 Renaissance Jacquard | 55% cotton 45% polyester | 150cm
0973 Rosedale Coordinates | 100% cotton | 140cm
Home Decor – Outdoor
Prep now for some new patio decor and bring red outdoor this summer!
0951000 Gallery Decor Solids | 100% polyester | 140cm
0943204 Capri Outdoor Solids | 100% olefin | 140cm
0943 Outdoor Prints | 100% polyester | 140cm
Have a little furry friend that needs a warm place to snuggle? Show your love and make a comfy bed using fleece ‘yarn’ and a jumbo crochet hook with your pets favourite fleece and crochet a cozy sleeping spot.
Diameter = approx. 46cm (18”)
Height = approx. 18cm (7”)
Gauge: 3.5 sc x 4 rows + 4″ (10cm)
- 4 meters of 152cm(60”) width fleece:
- Colour A (Base Colour) = 2 meters
- Colour B = 1 meter
- Colour C = 1 meter
- ruler or meter stick
- tailor’s chalk or a washable fabric marker
- 25mm jumbo crochet hook
- 1 stitch marker
To Make ‘Yarn’
Take your fleece, and with right sides together, fold fabric lengthwise with selvedges together. Cut off selvedges on both ends and pin the edges together.
With your ruler and marker, mark every 4cm (1.5”) along the length of your fabric both on the fold and raw edges. Connect the marks, and starting from the fold, cut along the line.
You will be left with strips 4cm (1.5”) wide and 152cm (60”) long. Tie all strips together in a knot to create one long strand of yarn. As you go along, with right side facing up, pull tightly and stretch out each strip. This will make the raw edges naturally curl inward, making it easier to crochet. Repeat for all colours.
Round 1: Starting with Colour A, CH4. Close circle with a SL ST in the first CH. Make 5 SC in the middle of the circle. SL ST in 1st ST to close round.
Round 2: CH1. Make 2 SC in the first ST. Place stitch marker on the first SC. Continue to make 2 SC in each ST. SL ST in CH1 to close round. (Total of 10 STS)
Round 3: CH1. *Make 1 SC in the first ST. Place stitch marker. Make 2 SC in the next; While keeping the stitch marker on the first ST, repeat from * to end of round. SL ST in CH1 to close round. (Total of 15 STS)
Round 4: CH1. *Make 1 SC in the first 2 STS. Place stitch marker on the first SC. Make 2 SC in the third ST; While keeping the stitch marker on the first ST, repeat from * to end of round. SL ST in CH1 to close round. (Total of 20 STS)
Round 5: CH1. *Make 1 SC in the first 3 STS. Place stitch marker on the first SC. Make 2 SC in the fourth ST; While keeping the stitch marker on the first ST, repeat from * to end of round. SL ST in CH1 to close round. (Total of 25 STS)
*continue this pattern until Round 10, increasing 5 STS per round.
Round 11-12: CH1, SC all STS. SL ST in CH1 to close round.
Round 13-14: Change to Colour B. CH1, SC all STS. SL ST in CH1 to close round.
Round 15-16: Change to Colour C. CH1, SC all STS. SL ST in CH1 to close round.
Round 17: SL ST in all STS to end of round.
Finishing: Weave in all ends.
CH = chain
SC = single crochet
SL ST = slip stitch
ST(S) = stitch(es)
Introducing New NHL® Fleece! Take your pick of assorted teams in this cozy 100% polyester and score big for the team this season. Don’t be a duster…get to your local Fabricland (exclusive Canadian supplier of NHL® fleece) before it’s gone!
*NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Fall is just around the corner which means cooler weather isn’t far behind. Fleece is the ultimate fabric for cozy fashion, like our DIY Fringed Poncho. Feel Canada proud and show off your reds with a variety of leafy designs. Select your favourite and get creative with trim and toggles!
Enjoy a classic Houndstooth design in a variety of colours.
Are you an animal print lover? We’ve got your covered with a selection of prints and colours!
Don’t forget the kids … Bright colours, cute designs and so much cozy fun!
Mountain Fleece Prints/Skin Fleece Prints | 100% Polyester | 150cm Wide
With a mix of flannelette, fleece, and micro chenille, the new Be Happy group of coordinating prints is sure to make you smile. Trendy teals, pretty mauves, and sunny citrus colours are perfect for so many projects!
Item # 0374306000D Flannelette 100% cotton 112cm
Item # 0214316***D Micro Fleece 100% polyester 150cm
Item # 0239021***D Chenille Chevron 100% polyester 150cm
Even the New York Times thinks Canada is “hip”
A fresh Canadiana-inspired group of flannelette, fleece, and chenille is on its way for on-trend new sewing!
Throw in some Canadiana-themed cushion covers and cut a preprinted fleece blanket panel to complete the look for clothing and home.
Flannelette Item # 0374304000D
Fleece Item # 3265016***D
Blanket Item # 3269100***D
A picnic is a perfect way to spend a sunny afternoon in the great outdoors. Keep dry and warm with this Waterproof Picnic Blanket.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1.8m Ripstop Fabric
1.8m Fleece Print
7m 5/8” Bias Binding
2.5m 1” webbing / belting
4 1” D rings
Maple Leaf Plaid Fleece in Stores now. Item# 3265015555
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Cut the selvedge from the ripstop and then cut into one 180cm x 145cm (72” x 58”) piece
2. Take the ripstop fabric and lay it on top of the fleece print, wrong sides together making sure both fabrics lie flat.
3. Pin the ripstop and the fleece print together around the edges.
4. Baste around the blanket approximately 1cm (1/2”) away from the edge.
5. Starting in the middle of one side of the blanket, take the bias binding, open it up and with the right side of the binding to the right side of the blanket line it up .5cm (1/4”) away from the edge of the fabric. Working on one blanket side at a time, pin in place and stitch along the first fold line. Fold the bias binding over to the fleece side, lay flat, pin and stitch along bias binding edge. Repeat this step on the other 3 sides. Once your binding meets the other side of the binding fold back .5cm (1/4”) to hide raw edge and finish stitching.
6. To make the harness for carrying the blanket, cut 2 pieces of the webbing 90cm (36”) long. Insert 1 piece of webbing into 2 D rings, fold back 1cm (1/2”) and then 3cm (1”), making sure D rings are at end, and stitch on edge of folded webbing. Repeat this on other strap. On the other end of the webbing either seal with fray block or stitch across the webbing a couple of times to prevent the webbing from fraying. Cut 1 piece of webbing approximately 45cm (18”) long (this piece will make your carry strap. Take your two long pieces of webbing with the D rings and lay them on a table approximately 20cm (8” approx). Approximately 20cm (8”) from the end of the D rings, place the carry strap across the webbing making sure the ends meet the webbing (do not go past). Stitch carry strap in place hiding the raw edge between the two layers of webbing.
Fold up your blanket and attach harness. You’re now ready to keep your blanket handy for use anytime, anywhere.
Celebrate July 1st with family and friends using festive fabrics with a Canadian theme.
Red Leaf 2
0262 460 000D
100% Polyester Fleece
Embossed Maple Leaf
0264 800 325D
100% Polyester Fleece
0647 062 000D
Wood Grain Animals
0647 062 000D
Out On A Limb
0647 062 000D
0647 062 000D
Heritage Quilting Solids
0352 000 327D
0649 055 327R
0649 056 300R